I compiled the latest release with my pre121 beta and it compiled fine on Puppy and Mac OSX. Are you certain something did not happen during the download of the source? Try getting the source again with wget (wget basic-converter.org/bacon.bac). Weird....
Well, well, I ran wget as you suggested, and my previous bacon.bac was smaller. So, yes, it was an incomplete download, which is interesting as I used the 'fetch' utility, which downloaded many files and did not give any error messages (that I saw). I might not use 'fetch' in the future!
Downloading bacon.bac properly, it compiles. Thanks for that.
It happened with me last week also, but it appears that my ISP was doing some upgrade on their servers causing the webpage sometimes not to be available for a few seconds.
The 'fetch' tool has no error checking or download recovery, and by default times out after 500 msecs: total$ = "" REPEAT RECEIVE dat$ FROM mynet IF LEN(dat$) > 0 THEN total$ = CONCAT$(total$, dat$) UNTIL ISFALSE(WAIT(mynet, 500))
So this may be too strict.
The 'wget' utility does have error correction and download resumes.
So I have improved the 'fetch' program. Each first HTTP response mentions the size of the data to be downloaded. The 'fetch' utility now will crosscheck this information with the actual resulting filesize. If these does not match, it will try to download again, to a maximum of 3 times. If after 3 times the file cannot be downloaded, a warning is displayed and the file will be skipped.